[CLUE-Tech] Motherboards (Michael Burton)

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Jun 26 13:37:40 MDT 2002

Yeah, I'd also say that pretty much every single motherboard that I have
ever had or used  at home or work (this number is probably around 100 by
now) has worked with linux effortlessly.  I've only had problems with
some sound cards a few years ago, and the occaisional graphics card.  I
now stick with Creative sound blaster live sound cards and any graphics
card that contains an Nvidia chipset.  I love Nvidia and hate ATI now,
but that has to do with windows drivers more than linux issues :)  As
far as NIC cards go, I havent' had any issues.  Everything I have tried
as seemed to work, as long as it's not ISA that is. Then, as long as you
know the name and model of your hardware, compiling your own custom
kernel is a snap most of the time.  If I were you, I wouldn't worry
about looking for a "seal of approval" for linux on a box for a board.