[CLUE-Tech] Motherboards (Michael Burton)

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Wed Jun 26 15:16:51 MDT 2002

Michael Burton wrote:
> How necessary is it really to have a "compatible" motherboard?  I am
> shopping and it has been exremely hard to find what I want, that is also
> LINUX compatible.

Have you looked at the Soyo Dragon Plus boards.  I know a couple people
who have purchased these boards, used them with Linux and been very happy.
Although they use the VIA chipset, they don't seem to suffer from the
Linux problems that have been reported with cheaper "VIA" motherboards .
Microcenter carries the board for ~$160.  I'm sure you can find them
cheaper.

Lynn