[CLUE-Tech] Sybase versions

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Fri Jun 28 09:39:17 MDT 2002

I'm contemplating moving my MS SQLServer databases over to Sybase and just
found out there is an older FREE version of Sybase/Linux.  11.0.3.3 is the
version.  The website doesn't seem to compare features to the latest version
(11.9.2) so I'm trying to find out what they are and if they are any features
I will really need.  If 11.0.3.3 works for me I will be celebrating as I'll
be down to only ONE Windows server out of 7!!

The main feature I'd hate to lose is the automatic database sizing.  As DB's
grow on MSSQL, it automatically grows the database.  In older versions you
had to monitor how much space was left on "the device" and expand it
manually.. that was really annoying.

Thanks for any info!