[CLUE-Tech] pricewatch prices in Denver area

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Mar 10 13:33:52 MST 2002

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:39:12 -0700
Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at attbi.com> wrote:

> > Yeah, and the receipt for this critter is proving equally elusive. I
> did
> > find a book of artwork by H.R. Giger, and an issue of Glass Audio that
> I'd
> > forgotten I have, but that's only a bonus for me. All I can remember
> is
> > it's an asian sounding name, starting with "T". I know I have the
> receipt
> > someplace - just a matter of finding the right pile.
>
> I don't suppose it's a Lian Li?

Hah! I discovered a pile of old bookmarks, which are better than my
memory. It's an Elan Vital T-5. So, there was a "T" in the name ;-).

http://www.elanvital.com.tw/products/pccases.htm

Best case I've ever owned. No sharp edges, and screwless, except for one
thumbscrew to retain the side panel, and one other for the top panel. The
only niggling complaint I have is the "safety" power switch. It's a
turn-and-push type. Considering how infrequently I use it, that's a really
small issue. I've never accidentaly hit the power switch on any machine.
Oh, the reset switch requires a paper clip or other poker type thing to
hit, and again, I don't find that to be a big problem. Well done removable
drive bays, and moveable standoffs make hardware installs very easy.

I also cut out the stamped fan grilles, for noise abatement, but every
case I've ever seen has the same stamped cutouts. At least on the
ElanVital they were de-burred.

IIRC, I ordered direct from them. Looking at their page again, they sorta
look like Compaq cases. Hmmmm.

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."