[CLUE-Tech] lm_sensors

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Mar 12 20:31:49 MST 2002

You're my hero!  That was the single best advice I have received
pertaining to this problem.  Sensors-detect ran fine, and I added the
correct lines to /etc/modules.conf and /etc/rc.local.  Everything runs
fine now, except this:

/sbin/modprobe mtp008

It said it found this sensor, but this doesn't work.  The other 2
sensors found do, so that's farther than I have gotten with this, ever!
Then, when I run sensors, instead of spitting out temps and such like I
had hoped for, I'm getting:

[root at fimble staver]# sensors
eeprom-i2c-0-50
Adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000
Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
Memory type:            SDRAM DIMM SPD
SDRAM Size (MB):        512

eeprom-i2c-0-51
Adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000
Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
Memory type:            SDRAM DIMM SPD
SDRAM Size (MB):        512

eeprom-i2c-0-52
Adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000
Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
Memory type:            SDRAM DIMM SPD
SDRAM Size (MB):        128

eeprom-i2c-0-53
Adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000
Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
Memory type:            SDRAM DIMM SPD
SDRAM Size (MB):        128

So, that shows the memory banks and stuff, and I'm still working on the
temp sensor, but now that I've gotten this far, maybe I'll be able to
figure it out...