[CLUE-Tech] lm_sensors

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 12 17:40:14 MST 2002

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> writes:

Mike> Yeah, I don't need a gui, just the data spit out from a ssh
Mike> session every now and then.  One of my boxes has been crashing
Mike> from time to time, and it *never* did that in the last 2 years
Mike> I've been using it. I can't tell if it's the 2.4.9-31 kernel I
Mike> upgraded to, or the processors overheating or something.  It's a
Mike> server, so I'm not gonna reboot it and go into the freaking bios
Mike> every time I want to know the temp.  So, any suggestions on this

yeah... you can also open the box up and look at all the fans and
confirm they are not cloged or anything.

Mike> would be greatly appreciated.  And yes, I figured this was a
Mike> perl script, but since I didn't write it, I don't know why the
Mike> characters are illegal since it's the version right off the red
Mike> hat cd.  This is about the 5th time I've tried to get it working
Mike> on this box in the last year, so excuse me if I've already asked
Mike> this a few times.

well, the problem isn't the illegal character warnings from perl...

the main problem is that it can't find modprobe in order to load
modules it needs to probe your system. :)

Try doing:

export PATH=$PATH:/sbin

and running sensors-detect again.

kevin