[CLUE-Tech] DNS - reverse lookups for a classless subnet

Eric Batalden ghotinet at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 00:28:06 MST 2002

i have used the DNS-HOWTO to setup up my DNS server.
it seems to work just fine, resolves names and address
both ways.  it is my understaning is that for my
server to "play nice" with the other servers i need to
account for my classless subnet.  i am looking after
only eight IP's.  i followed the "ask Mr DNS" in the
HowTo, i also found RFC 2317.  being new to DNS, it
seems the resources assumed knowldege i didn't have.
does any one know where i may find some additional
resources on this topic?