[CLUE-Tech] ktelnet solution

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Mar 21 14:11:43 MST 2002

I cant find the original message anymore, but just to let people know:

Lynn's analysis was correct.  The RENDER message was irrelevant.
STRACE revealed a number of missing modules.  When I reinstalled
telnet, my problem with ktelnet went away.

Incidentally, there were a couple of exploits posted for telnet on
the Mandrake site.  Anyone using the default version of telnet for
Mandrake 7.1 thru 8.0 should upgrade.

Thanks Lynn

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Oh come now.  At least pretend to be scared.  The media spent
millions trying to psyche you up for this" - User Friendly, 08/01/01
on the Code Red virus scare
Opt out of QWEST sharing marketing data on you
http://www.qwest.com/cpni/