[CLUE-Tech] CBDTPA

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 23 01:55:54 MST 2002

I'm sure most of the CLUEbies have already heard about the SSSCA's
appearance in the Senate redubbed as the Consumer Broadband and
Digital Television Promotion Act. (Note: don't you just love how it's
been retitled "Consumer" even though it's a direct attack on the
consumer?)

I'm curious if anyone is interested in setting aside a day between
now and April 2nd (The EFF set a deadline of April 8 for their
alert) to stage some kind of protest, hand out material or do
something to alert the general public about this?

I'm willing to write up materials and get a ton of flyers made
up if anyone else is willing to help out.

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart