[CLUE-Tech] CBDTPA

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Mar 23 08:31:19 MST 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 01:55:54 -0700 (MST)
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jbrockmeier at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm sure most of the CLUEbies have already heard about the SSSCA's
> appearance in the Senate redubbed as the Consumer Broadband and
> Digital Television Promotion Act. (Note: don't you just love how it's
> been retitled "Consumer" even though it's a direct attack on the
> consumer?)

Read the obligatory Slashdot commentary.

> I'm curious if anyone is interested in setting aside a day between
> now and April 2nd (The EFF set a deadline of April 8 for their
> alert) to stage some kind of protest, hand out material or do
> something to alert the general public about this?

Not enough caffeine in my system yet to think about the what/how, but I'm
interested.

> I'm willing to write up materials and get a ton of flyers made
> up if anyone else is willing to help out.

Yeah, just as soon as I wake up ;-).

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."