[CLUE-Tech] Preparing for RH7.2

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Mar 23 18:15:51 MST 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:25:14 -0700
Dave Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> "Jed S. Baer" wrote:
>
> > I'm also wondering if there is any easy way to get a dump of my kernel
> > configuration options. I'm assuming that copying .config into the new
> > kernel tree would not work, because it wouldn't match up with
> > new/changed stuff.

> If you work directly with the config files, you should be able to do a
> script that pulls in your old settings (and tells you what old
> parameters are gone as well as what new ones have showed up, right?).

Easy for you to say ;-)

I haven't looked a whole lot at the .config file, except to note it has a
whole lot of <ahem> stuff in it. I suppose maybe a context diff and little
eyeballing might be sufficient for producing a guide.

> I don't have a config file handy, but if you want me to take a shot at
> that let me know.

Thanks. I think I'll wing it.

jed
--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."