[CLUE-Tech] NTFS mount locks up

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Thu Mar 28 09:58:26 MST 2002

> that Redhat's kernels are highly patched and may have some incompatibilities
> with NTFS. (No wonder they don't include the NTFS module by default). I
> earlier had Mandrake 7.0 on my computer and could browse NTFS drives without

Actually, Red Hat includes them as a module -- insmod ntfs -- would do the
trick. You just have to manually load them. On my box, I've been only able
to roam the NTFS drive as root, even when I try to mount it and give
'users' rights.  It's a bit of a pain, but I don't keep much on the win2k
drive at all, so I don't worry.

The freezing might be a result of permissions; although I don't see why a
cold boot would be necessary...