[CLUE-Tech] NTFS mount locks up

Tim Harris tdharris at usa.com
Thu Mar 28 19:38:12 MST 2002

Thanks all for your thoughts and ideas. I am pretty sure that our company's
NT workstations w/ SP5  and no NTFS5 support could read our network drives on
Win2k servers without any issues.  I believe it was an issue of less
granularity between NTFS4 and 5. You just are not able to take advantage of
some of the share and securities setting in NTFS5. I have no idea how the
ntfs.o works in Linux but I'm going to lay off trying to browse those drives.
It's a little inconvenient, but I'd rather like to avoid another lockup. I
believe that smbfs will work if your pointing to another computer on the
network but I don't think it will be of much use on a drive on a duel boot
computer.

Tim