[CLUE-Tech] vim question: doing a large document using join

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Tue May 7 02:17:50 MDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:09:57AM -0600, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My normal way of copying large blocks of text is to use my mouse and
> "cut and paste" into vim and then do searches for multiple spaces to
> make the text line up on the left. However, I now have multiple lines to
> use the join command. I've been searching for regexp to find the answer,
> but I thought I'd ask you all your opinion on any better ways of doing
> this task. The task is cutting and pasting, normally, web site info,
> into vim and then editing the text for formating.

I'm not sure I understand based on this description.  It almost sounds
like you need the command-line tool 'paste' but I'm not sure that's what
you're asking.

If you want to properly line-break a messed up paragraph of text, go to
the top line of the paragraph and type:
V}gq

But that may not be what you are asking for either...
-TAG