[CLUE-Tech] Red Hat 7.3

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu May 9 10:50:13 MDT 2002

I'm trying to install a fresh copy of 7.3 on a Tyan Thunder K7 dual AMD
board that I have with SCSI hard drives.  I have an IDE CDROM drive, so
this should be an easy thing to do.  I went through the entire install,
told the bootloader Grub to be installed on my MBR like I always have.
When the install finishes, my good old computer boots up saying OS not
found.  And no, I haven't changed anything from when I had 7.1 on here,
meaning that either the installer didn't properly install grub on the
MBR, or something else has gone wrong.  Has anybody else seen this
before?  And what did you do about it?  I tried doing an upgrade against
the system and going through the install again, but with 7.3, if you
don't upgrade the kernel, it says "bootloader not changed", which is not
at all what I want to happen.  Can someone tell me if there is another
way to reinstall grub or lilo without going through the whole install
again?
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com