[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla tabs!

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Thu May 9 20:59:25 MDT 2002

[ snips ]
On Thu, 9 May 2002 22:09:07 -0400 (EDT) Adam Bultman
<adamb at glaven.org> wrote:
> ... but mozilla is just wonderful.  I can't
> get the Full Screen to work (I lack even the option, maybe there's a
> nightly build that I don't have) that allegedly exists in a newer
> version of it.

You want the 1.0 release.  Full screen works just fine.  If you don't
mind the upgrade to gentoo, you can get mozilla installed easily
<grin>.

> If you haven't tried KDE3, you might wish to. As well, get liquid as
> well, it makes your menus translucent (but unfortunately, not your
> windows)  I'm probably late by a month or two with this, but I hold
> out, since I'm a minimalist in the sense of Window Managers.

kde3 is much better than past versions, but it's still of mammoth
proportions.  I'm a confirmed xfce user.  Usually I install kde and
gnome just in case.  You can bring up any kde/gnome application from
xfce.  But, of late, I find that I use either so infrequently, it's
not worth the space and compile time.

On a side note, galeon (which builds on the mozilla engine) is a very
nice browser, and the tabs are even nicer, but you have to swallow the
gnome enchilada!

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla