[CLUE-Tech] I just don't understand it

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Wed May 22 16:12:03 MDT 2002

I guess to reverse it I would

do    chattr -i {name of file}

Is this correct?

    chattr [ -RV ] [ -v version ] [ mode ] files...

DESCRIPTION
       chattr changes the  file  attributes  on  a  Linux  second
       extended file system.

       The format of a symbolic mode is +-=[ASacdistu].

       The  operator  `+'  causes  the  selected attributes to be
       added to the existing attributes of the files; `-'  causes
       them  to  be  removed;  and `=' causes them to be the only
       attributes that the files have.

       The letters `ASacdijsu' select the new attributes for  the
       files:  don't  update  atime (A), synchronous updates (S),
       append only (a), compressed (c), no  dump  (d),  immutable
       (i),  data  journalling  (j),  secure  deletion  (s),  and
       undeletable (u).