Replys with broken HTML see [Re: [CLUE-Tech] Re: "Hmm... I I disagree."]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 24 10:10:49 MDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002 09:58:05 -0600
"Tim Harris" <tdharris at usa.com> wrote:

> Just a comment. I find it annoying to scroll through a post and see a
> lot of non-functional html code. It's a pain. Does any else have an
> opinion about this?
>
> Tim Harris

As you might well imagine, I do. ;-)

A pox on whomever it was (I think it was Netscape) who first added
HTML-tagged capability to e-mail. Oh, I feel a long rant coming on -
better stop now.

Some e-mail programs, such as Sylpheed, strip HTML and display plain text.

jed
--
Got Privacy? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N33052F1

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine