Replys with broken HTML see [Re: [CLUE-Tech] Re: "Hmm... I I disagree."]

Tim Harris tdharris at usa.com
Fri May 24 10:58:07 MDT 2002

Jed S. Baer wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002 09:58:05 -0600
>"Tim Harris" <tdharris at usa.com> wrote:
>

>>Just a comment. I find it annoying to scroll through a post and see a
>>lot of non-functional html code. It's a pain. Does any else have an
>>opinion about this?
>>
>>Tim Harris
>>

>As you might well imagine, I do. ;-)
>
>A pox on whomever it was (I think it was Netscape) who first added
>HTML-tagged capability to e-mail. Oh, I feel a long rant coming on -
>better stop now.
>
>Some e-mail programs, such as Sylpheed, strip HTML and display plain text.
>
>jed

I'm not opposed to the rich text format but it seems to get all screw up
when it's sent to a discussion list. I select plain text only when I
send email to lists such as this. I'm using Netscape 6.2. I suppose I
could use something like fetchmail or pine but I'm too lazy to take the
5 minutes to configure it. Frankly, I occasionally need to look at and
print html formatted email (invoices and the like). I suppose I'm in
danger of turning this into a discussion list so I will stop.

Tim