[CLUE-Tech] Re:"getting insanely frustrated"

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 24 14:31:52 MDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:14:57 -0600
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> Mike Staver wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, I would read a man page... but for what?  I tried apm, and that
> > didn't help, so I'm at a loss.
>
> The man page would be for modules.conf, since the apm we're talking
> about is a kernel module.  There are also module docs in
> linux/Documentation in the kernel source tree (which may be somewhere on
> your system even if you don't have the source).  You could also look at
> apmd, but that seems not to be the problem.

At least with RedHat, you do indeed get /usr/src/linux/Documentation. Some
good reading in there too. In fact, you do get the kernel source.

> You can use man -k apm to get a list of man pages that have apm in their
> descriptions.  And of course there is always "man man". :-)

And let's not forget "info info" <G>.

--
Got Privacy? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N33052F1

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine