Replys with broken HTML see [Re: [CLUE-Tech] Re: "Hmm... I I disagree."]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 24 16:39:57 MDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:46:59 -0600
Collins <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:

> Yep, almost everyone hates html, although if you use Sylpheed (is
> there any other mailer?), it's mostly painless, since Sylpheed strips
> that out as an attachment.  I get lots of email from my sister-in-law
> using some M$ brain-dead mailer with several layers of forwards and
> htmls, and it's a real challenge even to find the actual message
> content.

Oh, man, she reminds me of my sister. She means well, but when she got her
AOL account, the "funny picture/joke/story/hoax virus warning/etc. started
showing up, as you said, with 20 layers of forward. I finally had to ">"
quote the whole raw e-mail and mail it to her to make her realize what she
was really doing. I really hated to be that mean, but she wouldn't stop.

> The only thing that bugs me more
> <rant>
> is people who feel compelled to send all mail with PGP headers and
> trailers that I have to wade through in every mail!!!  That sucks big
> time!!!
> </rant>

OB: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/5/8/114540/8364

Actually, considering where our current govt. is headed, I won't be
surprised if I start encrypting certain e-mail soon - not just signing it.
But that's a completely different topic.

jed
--
  this message double ROT-13'd for your protection