Replys with broken HTML see [Re: [CLUE-Tech] Re: "Hmm... I I disagree."]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat May 25 07:45:48 MDT 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002 00:16:22 -0600
Joe Linux <joelinux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> In this message I can't tell what Matt is saying.  It all seems to be a
> quote of Tim Harris.
>
> My Netscape puts a blue line on the original message on my screen; but
> one of the big problems with email is that just because I see something
> in a certain way doesn't mean that the recipient will see it in the same
> way.
>
> Matt Gushee wrote:
>
> >A two-line reply appended to 40-odd lines of quoted messages. Didn't we
> >*just* have a discussion about things like this?? In fact, didn't this
<snip>

Hey, Matt. I think you just got zinged ;-).

I see this in usenet all the time. A little bit of snipping, and then
somebody says, "Hey, I didn't write that". And, JL, your comments are
exactly why mailing lists benefit from the participants adhering, even if
somewhat loosely, to a few norms.

jed
--
Got Privacy? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N33052F1

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine