[CLUE-Tech] Re:"getting insanely frustrated"

Mike Benavides tipsrules99 at attbi.com
Sat May 25 10:24:35 MDT 2002

Jed S. Baer wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:14:16 -0600
>Mike Benavides <tipsrules99 at attbi.com> wrote:
>
>>Jed S. Baer wrote:
>>
>>>And let's not forget "info info" <G>.
>>>
>>Jed:
>>
>> Mandrake 8.2 has /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-6mdk/Documentation. Excellent
>>reading in there
>>also.  When in lost in the woods man pages works for me...
>>

>Actually, I'd be surprised at a distro that didn't include the kernel
>tree. Are there any?
>
>Other than the occasional man page that leaves me scratching my head, the
>ones that irritate me are the ones that have little content, except to
>refer you to the info docs. Too much like emacs ;-)
>
>jed

Jed:

This is true as being Installfest coordinator I feel that in need to
test all distros that that may help the newbies. I do agree that
Mandrake is pain in butt in many respects.  You also need to give them
credit that it does give people and easy transition to get off the
Windows platform.  So you do not like emacs I see.... ;-)  Well I am
trying to download a new kernel image for my Sharp Zarus Linux PDA. Wish
me luck...

Mike