[CLUE-Tech] How cool is MDK?

Mike Benavides tipsrules99 at attbi.com
Sun May 26 13:34:40 MDT 2002

Joe Linux wrote:

> That's what I'm using.  Be sure to set your security level to "high"
> as "standard" is rather poor,  and may cause you some "permissions"
> consternation.
>
> Jeffery Cann wrote:
>
>> Recently, Lynn D. burned some Mandrake 8.2 disks for me.  In a fit of
>> late-night hacking to get my USB ports turned on in the kernel, I
>> decided to fire up the upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.

Jeff:

If you need any of Mandrake 8.2 Documentation, I purchased it to
throughly test this distro for use as a multimedia machine. Digital
Camera downloads, DVD and CDRW etc...USB on my Athlon 1.7 XP 512DD
machine.  I have been have trouble with the hardware stablility.  I am
presently working with Mandrake to work out the bugs.  I have a Init Id
"x" responsing too fast: in XFree86.... It locks up the machine..... I
suspect it may be the kernel level Geforce Nvida Driver....

Mike