[CLUE-Tech] which DVD software do you use?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Tue May 28 21:42:54 MDT 2002

On 05-28 15:46, Adam Bultman wrote:
> I enjoy using VLC.  Videolan client.  Otherwise, Xine is a good one, it's
> pretty useful. If you have a slow machine, use VLC. I run mine on a 500,
> and Xine and Ogle play too slowly.  VLC supports menus now, and has the
> littlest overhead.

I was going to ask about this, too, since I finally own a machine that has a
DVD drive in it. I noticed both Ogle and Xine (under RH 7.3, on an Athlon XP
2100+) were far too jerky. Is there any way to alleviate this? I'm currently
installing FreeBSD on the same box, but I'm wondering if I'm going to be
able to get smooth play w/o some kind of hardware decoder.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome