[CLUE-Tech] which DVD software do you use?

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue May 28 22:28:59 MDT 2002

Make sure you run hdparm.  You won't get very good performance out of it
if you don't run hdparm on your DVD drive, and your hard drives.  Linux
uses your hard drives heavily when decoding.  I run hdparm from rc.local
on my systems:

hdparm -d1 -c3 -k1 /dev/[drive]

That will speed things up significantly.  I also noticed that things run
much better if your main drive is 7200 RPM and not 5400 RPM (seriously).
I switched, and with hdparm, and my card, it runs flawlessly.

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org
[ http://www.glaven.org ]