[CLUE-Tech] KPPP in RedHat 8.0

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Tue Nov 5 11:49:04 MST 2002

Dusty,
2 ways -
Graphical - I use Gnome so I'm not sure if this will be the same for KDE, but
given that RedHat supposedly made the two look the same you should be able to
find this. RedHat menu -> System Configuration -> Network
You should see your PPP interface listed, click on it and click edit. In the
new window there should be a checkbox to allow all users to activate.

Command line - If the above fails this should work. In the directory:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts there are config files for all your network
interfaces called ifcfg-???. Find your PPP interface and edit the file in your
favorite editor. Make sure the following is on a line in this file:
USERCTL=yes
That should do it. I hope kppp creates standard RedHat interfaces otherwise
even this won't work.