[CLUE-Tech] apache question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Nov 6 13:24:24 MST 2002

I consider myself to be an apache expert in most cases, but I have a
question about configuring apache so that I can limit the maximum
bandwidth rate for a website.  In my idea of a perfect setting, I would
like to configure it so that only certain directories have this limit.
For example, if I was working with this directory:

<Directory /home/blah/web/files>
    Options Indexes Includes ExecCGI MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Is there some way to monitor and set that sort of thing? I've been to
websites before where I've gotten an error message something like this:

"This user has exceeded his or her monthly bandwidth limit for the
month"

I'm not saying I want to completely limit the bandwidth for any given
month, but it would be nice to be able to keep track of it, and also
limit those type of connections where files go out at 200k/sec. I'd like
to be able to cap that at like 30k/sec or something.
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com