[CLUE-Tech] bash - find, xargs, chmod

David Willson dlwillson at thegeek.nu
Fri Nov 22 09:51:32 MST 2002

I hadn't thought of this (+X, that is), and normally, that would be the
right way to get it done, but in this instance, I am fixing problems at
the backside of a Samba share, and I want to 'explicitly turn off'
execute on all the files.  I wasn't explicit enough, sorry.

I'm going to try the find -exec solution later today, and thanks for all
the help!

Social Note: My Tuesday night class at Parks College is going really
great, but I miss you guys.  I'll see you in February.

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 08:32, David Anselmi wrote:
> David Willson wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > I can use this with no problem.
> >   chmod -R 2770 *
> >
> > But I am concerned about making all the files executable...
>
> How about:
>
> chmod -R u+rwX,g+srwX,o= *
>
> Dave

David L. Willson