[CLUE-Tech] Detecting a running process (from script)

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Oct 2 08:36:36 MDT 2002

Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at americanisp.net> writes:

> I remember (quite a few meetings back) where detecting a running process was
> being discussed. I think someone or someones mentioned a flag for either ps
> or grep in which it would reliably filter out the "ps | grep foo". Ring any
> bells?

I have been using

$ ps -C process_name

This seems to work for me.

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Bim Skala Bim -  - () - Diggin a Hole

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al