[CLUE-Tech] Inn and Suck

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Wed Oct 2 19:34:38 MDT 2002

On 09-25 14:54, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 10:32:41PM -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> >Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how I can get offline reading/posting of
> >news (I have a laptop I'd like to do this on), and it looks like Inn/Suck
>
> INN is a pretty painful beast.  I'd highly recommend "leafnode", it's a
> NNTP server that sucks news off a remote server and makes it available for
> local reading, and posts back up messages generated locally.  It works
> pretty well.
>
> If you've got KRUD, you've got leafnode.  If not, google is your friend.

Thanks.

Not getting any response here (well, until now...:)), I posted on a freebsd
group...they gave similar responses. I have freebsd, and it's in the ports.
Both leafnode and leafnode+, actually. I have yet to read up on either, so
I'm not sure what the differences are.

Will leafnode queue up responses if the system is offline?

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/