[CLUE-Tech] LINUX Programming Fundamentals

George Mattson gmattson at HotelDenver.net
Tue Oct 8 07:52:55 MDT 2002

So why do I have to have an active Internet connection?

Sorry... Couldn't resist :P

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us] On Behalf Of Paul Bille
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 4:29 PM
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Cc: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Tech] LINUX Programming Fundamentals

Matt > " . . . would you please send your messages in plain text . . ."

Thanks for pointing that out. I apologize to those who have trouble with
HTML mail.

We had a session on LINUX Programming Fundamentals last Wednesday. These
are the notes from that presentation. Please point your browser at:
http://bille.cudenver.edu/flexnet/linpro/ - LINUX Programming
Fundamentals

Use the yellow arrow in the upper right corner to progress sequentially
through the slides.

> ". . .a good reason to post an HTML attachment. . ."

This is an HTML presentation including screenshots. Have you ever tried
to verbally describe to someone how to work in the Emacs environment? A
picture is worth a thousand words.

Since it is an HTML presentation you can review the whole presentation
or just glance at a few slides and use it as a reference later. You
don't have to install a proprietary reader on your machine locally as
with PDF files. You don't have to download all or nothing as with Power
Point. It clog the network with fat files.

I don't think I need to point out to this audience that since it is an
Internet resource, you must have an active Internet connection to view
the slides.

Thanks,
Paul
http://bille.cudenver.edu/author