[CLUE-Tech] problems with mdk 9.0

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Oct 10 22:31:39 MDT 2002

Don Johnson wrote:
> I just did a complete install of mandrake 9.0 and have a couple of problems.
>
> 1. I configured my eth0 for dchp at install. I have att cable internet.
> dhcp times ourt wating for a valid response. any thouhts?

I was hoping the ATT gurus would speak up.  I assume this box plugs into
the modem and gets dhcp from ATT.  You might have to add a -h to the
dhcp command with your ATT supplied name.  Don't know if that's close,
but I've seen it posted before.

> 2. I have a ide cdrw which is configured as scd0. I can burn cds using
> cdrecord with no problems. if i try and access the cdrom as read only
> Mandrake freeze and I have to do a reset. this happens a both user and
> root. any thoughts?

Might be a missing or conflicting module.  The CD writing howto has some
decent info on those.  Come on Sat and we can help you if you're not
sure how to load/unload modules.