[CLUE-Tech] Red Hat 7.3 question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Oct 11 16:20:26 MDT 2002

I thought I had openssl and apache up the latest patched version from
Red Hat.  Apparently  I was wrong, or even their patched versions do not
make you safe.  I just had 3 web servers rooted yesterday by the Cinik
worm.  It put files in the /tmp directory, and they are owned by apache,
so I will have to blow out these boxes and start over - but before I do,
I need to know what version of apache protects me from this evil, evil
worm that has just cost me my entire weekend :(
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com