[CLUE-Tech] Managing multiple servers (long)

Bill Gjestvang bill at uncultured.org
Tue Oct 15 03:16:20 MDT 2002

Dale Hawkins wrote:

> Apt can make you want to pull your hair out on occasion.  But, in my
> experience, apt does the job correctly 95% of the time.  And the only
> real heartache is from messing with a mixed system.

Just to clarify, I assume that by "mixed system" Dale means problems
only happen when you're running some combination of
stable/testing/unstable Debian packages, and that if you're just running
stable, it should be completely reliable.

That's my experience, too.  If you're running stable only, no worries.
If you're running testing/unstable or some mix, you may not want to run
"apt-get upgrade" from cron.

--
Bill Gjestvang
    Jabber: datawolf19 at jabber.org