[CLUE-Tech] Feeble Mind

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Sat Oct 19 13:52:00 MDT 2002

On Saturday, 19 October 2002 at 13:53:58 -0600, Keith Hellman wrote:

> At any rate, I've reported all these symptoms to our mail server
> maintainers - I just figured some of you would like a little bone to
> chew on this weekend, and this one seems to have a lot of grissle.  If
> anyone has additional tests they think I should perform, let me know and
> as long as it is not ripping the NIC out of P, I'll be able to report
> back the results.  If anyone would like to know how this is finally
> resolved, I'll be happy to keep you updated off list (if there's a ton
> of discussion, I'll just keep the list updated).

There is some good gristle here :-)

I don't have any good guesses at what the problem may be, but I've
found a nice way to troubleshoot POP3 is using fetchmail -v, which
gives very good verbose output.  However, I suspect if your telnet
testing showed no connection then fetchmail probably won't get any
further.

If you suspect it is the firewall/router appliance, then why not
hook P up directly to the DSL connection for a quick test?
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/