[CLUE-Tech] Feeble Mind

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 19 16:00:34 MDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 01:52:00PM -0600, Randy Arabie wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 October 2002 at 13:53:58 -0600, Keith Hellman wrote:
> >
> I don't have any good guesses at what the problem may be, but I've
> found a nice way to troubleshoot POP3 is using fetchmail -v, which
> gives very good verbose output.  However, I suspect if your telnet
> testing showed no connection then fetchmail probably won't get any
> further.

One of the tests I didn't report...your correct in that it didn't get
anywhere.

> If you suspect it is the firewall/router appliance, then why not
> hook P up directly to the DSL connection for a quick test?

Good idea - although I'm suspecting it is a firewall rule on A's side of
the fence, since the problem workstation can telnet to yahoo mail
servers aok.  I would actually have to search for our outside line, but
if it's easy enough to do, I can test this on Monday.  Thanks.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
kehellman at yahoo.com               from disclaimer import standard