[CLUE-Tech] minicom

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Sat Oct 19 14:18:07 MDT 2002

I'm having trouble connecting to my 678 modem.  When I start up minicom,
I see this on my screen:

Welcome to minicom 2.00.0

Compiled on Feb 26 2002, 09:38:06.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

.x<à.x<à.x<à

Here's my /etc/minirc.dfl:
# Machine-generated file - use "minicom -s" to change parameters.
pr port             /dev/ttyS0
pu mdropdtr         0
pu rtscts           No

I've searched high-and-low on the 'net for information and found almost
nothing.  I'm pretty sure I'm plugged into the right serial port -- when
I plug into the other one I do not get the ".x<à.x<à.x<à" line.