[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet is in Denver

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Sep 3 23:29:12 MDT 2002

Disclaimer: I don't know jack about Ricochet, so this is pure
speculation...

I would assume that you have a few choices with ricochet like you would
with dsl, cable, etc.  If my guess is correct, you could get an external
wireless box, or "router" that interfaces with your linux box via ethernet
cable, which would plug into your nic - and you would set up your nic the
traditional way with dhcp or static ips, whatever trips your trigger to
get the 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x local addresses.  It would be the external
box that must be configured for your ricochet account, etc.  Like I said,
I'm just talking out of my a$$ with absolutely no idea of what actually
takes place, but if I were to guess how it works, that would be it.
Unless it's an internal card for your laptop or desktop, I wouldn't worry
too much about the "certification or compatibility" that they claim for OS
support.