[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet is in Denver

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Sep 4 08:44:11 MDT 2002

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:55:23 -0600
Robert Davis <rob-iod at attbi.com> wrote:

> You guys got me all excited, I would like to use their service I can't
> get cable or real DSL at my office.  Ricochet's web site says they
> support 98, ME, XP, but no mention of Linux.  Why all the excitement
> about a product/service we can't use? If we can, how?

Have you looked at Mile High Online (MHO), or Sprint? Both have
line-of-sight radio service (I assume microwave). Sprint, at least, will
let you check your address for service at their website. I haven't look at
MHO. I don't know if there any Linux issues with either.

The other question I'd have with any wireless service is security. Is it
encrypted? How do you keep someone with the appropriate radio from tapping
your transmissions?

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5