[CLUE-Tech] Re: Moving existing MBOX client file into Postfix on

Friedman, Jason Jason.Friedman at janus.com
Fri Sep 6 13:09:12 MDT 2002

> I think you'd use "formail -s < mbox | procmail" -- but I haven't
> actually tested that. To be extra safe, be sure to make an extra copy
> of the mailbox, just in case. So long as you have the procmail filters
> set up correctly, it should zip all the mail into the desired folders
> or into your inbox for any mails that do not match a particular rule.

Be sure that your .procmailrc file does not direct mail back to mbox, or
you'll end up with an infinite loop and diminishing disk space.

The Procmail Companion, a *great* book, shows the use of this command,
and recommends that you rename your mbox file to something else prior to
executing the above command, just in case.