[CLUE-Tech] clock skew

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sun Sep 15 13:51:48 MDT 2002

Man, could this clock skew be any worse?  I have two problems:

1) If I suspend my laptop, it will sometimes set the hardware clock to
UTC, which throws everything off by six hours.  I assume that it is not
intermittent, but I have not yet discovered the when-it-happens.

2) My software clock loses a little over a second every minute.  Is
there any way to tell Linux to just ~use~ and ~trust~ the hardware
clock?  I am lucky enough to have one that works pretty well; it seems a
shame to waste it.

--
David Willson
This message was composed and sent using truly free software on a truly