[CLUE-Tech] Extracting DVD audio?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Tue Sep 24 12:55:43 MDT 2002

On 09-10 10:21, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Sean> This is a long shot, but here goes: I'd like to be able to
> Sean> extract audio clips from movies. Most of the people who do audio
> Sean> extraction are doing it so they can move an entire DVD movie to
> Sean> VCD or the like, but I just want a clip, and only the
> Sean> audio...with the final target being Ogg or MP3.
>
> Sean> Has anyone done this, and have the best way to do this?
>
> I would reccomend transcode...
>
> http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/
>
> with handy rpms at:
>
> http://www.freshrpms.net/
>
> I know it can do audio and video, and should be able to get it to just
> do audio.

I'm trying to install DVD::rip, which looks promising (and depends on
transcode). However, installing it on RH 7.3 quickly devolves into RPM hell.
I'm a little out of touch with RPM; is there a better way to go about it
than to download rpm, find dependency problems, download those required,
find THEIR dependencies, etc.? Before I gave up on it, I think I was
actually done with transcode, and had moved on to ImageMagick, which quickly
became a pain.

Cheers,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/