[CLUE-Tech] Simple Keyboard Question

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Sep 16 08:21:08 MDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 01:03:29 -0600
Dusty Campbell <dmcampbe at ouray.cudenver.edu> wrote:

> I have an MS Natural Keyboard with a standard PS/2 plug.
>
> I also tried another MS PS/2 keyboard with the same results.  The
> keyboard will also work through the boot loader so I think that I have
> something either incorrect in one of the boot scripts or perhaps in the
> kernal.

There's the unlikely possibility that your kernel has some sort of IRQ
conflict going on. Could be a strange bug in one of the kernel
modules/drivers maybe?

I've seen similar behaviour exactly once, and it was right after I added
USB support. Unfortunately, it was non-reproducible, so I can only
speculate as to what happened. (With a std. keyboard/plug)

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5