[CLUE-Tech] Re: rcp

Friedman, Jason Jason.Friedman at janus.com
Wed Sep 18 13:04:17 MDT 2002

Thank you, everyone, for your input.

I should have mentioned in my problem statement that the two computers
are both behind a firewall -- otherwise, yes, I agree rcp is not a
suitable solution.  I use ssh whenever I log in from the outside.

Thanks also for the suggestions about ssh and the ssh-agent.  That is
probably as good a solution as the one I ultimately arrived at.

Ultimately, I started up rsync, rlogin, and rsh on both boxes, and
caused rcp to start working.  I suspect that I only need one or two of
those running to get what I need, but I haven't had the time to
experiment.  Does anyone know off the top of their heads which of those
services supports rcp?