[CLUE-Tech] Inn and Suck

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Sep 19 22:32:41 MDT 2002

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how I can get offline reading/posting of
news (I have a laptop I'd like to do this on), and it looks like Inn/Suck
may be what I want. Has anyone done this? I'd like to just cache a few
groups; I don't want to beat on my ISP's hard drives or anything. :)

Right now, I'm trying to get one of the suck sample scripts working; the
script in question is "get.news.inn". What I can't seem to fathom is how to
add a group that suck/Inn will see and try to retrieve. The original
sucknewsrc had some control.* groups as well as a "junk" newsgroup, but when
I try to add any more, it simply deletes it when I run the script, and
doesn't try to retrieve the group.

Cheers and TIA,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.