[CLUE-Tech] Brain-Dead SuSE Questions

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sat Sep 21 12:20:31 MDT 2002

Lynn Danielson wrote:

> Warren wrote:
>
>> Also, what is the SuSE equivalent of RH's 'ntsysv'?  Or, do you just
>> use chkconfig?
>>
> rctab or ksysv perhaps if KDE's installed.

I just checked and rctab apparently isn't installed by default anymore.
Not sure when this changed -- I always edit my runlevels manually.
Typically I rename service I want to remove from a runlevel to begin
with a hash mark "#".  At that point it won't be run and it's sorted to
the top of the directory, so it's obvious to me that it's not in service.

It should be easy enough to get rctab installed.  If it's not on the install
disk(s) I'd be suprised.

Fwiw,

Lynn