[CLUE-Tech] Real Time Clock and Power Resumes

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Sep 22 01:32:41 MDT 2002

Keith Hellman wrote:

> I suspect there is not enough 'critical mass' to make this a truely
> configurable parameter (through /proc or an ioctl call) - using a GMT/LT
> RTC is not something that would be changed from day to day or week to week
> on a particular machine.  You'd pick your setup and stick with it.

Perhaps you are right.  I'd hope that the apm driver people would make
it easier than that--be a big help to distro people who want to provide
a one size fits all kernel.

In any case, for you laptop people out there,

http://www.mobilix.org/Mobile-Guide.db/Mobile-Guide.html

has info on APM and ACPI with links to more info.  Maybe it will help.