[CLUE-Tech] Printer setup? (network from mutt)

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Sep 23 21:49:29 MDT 2002

Dave Price wrote:
> I run mutt on one system, and have a printer on another.  I can print
> via samba to this printer - is there anything special I need to do on
> the mutt system or the printer system to get printing to work that way?

If you're using lpd:
  1) make sure printer has a working queue configured on remote machine
  2) open up printer queue to other hosts in /etc/hosts.lpd
  3) set up a remote print queue on your mutt system pointing to the
     remote machine's print queue.  Something like the following:

     my_remote_prn:\
         :lp=:\
         :mx#0:\
         :rm=remote_machine_name:\