[CLUE-Tech] Linux compatible camcorder

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Tue Sep 24 09:42:44 MDT 2002

OK.  I am looking for a good camcorder which inter operates well with
Linux.  For those not aware, most digital camcorders now have USB
and/or firewire to upload images (even mpeg movies) to a computer.

I have done some very preliminary google checks, but have not found any
definitive suggestions.

Currently, I have USB on my home PC, but I would most likely add a
USB2.0/firewire pci card.

Feature wise, I am most interested in uploading short (couple of
minutes) movies and stills (many of these same cameras capture stills
onto removable flash media cards -- usually memory sticks or "smart"
media, though I would personally prefer compact flash).

I know this is a lot to through into on email, but I do not have
access to non-Linux computers.  I have personally been windozes free
almost 7 years.  I don't want this to be the issue to force me off the
wagon!

-Dale

--
Now playing:
George Carlin - The Little David Years 1971-19 - (7) - God

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al